Wednesday 4 April 2012

Greetings from sunny Tynemouth

Hello there. Your rambling writer offers greetings from Tynemouth. Actually, this is just around the coast from Whitley Bay, so I haven't really been travelling to some far-flung location again. At the moment I'm in the middle of a 10 day stretch of time off work and I was rather hoping that we might see a repeat of last year's Easter weather, the best of 2011 in these parts. This allowed me to sit in the backyard, writing for a week. Alas, it wasn't/isn't to be. The weather has been extremely iffy this time, with clouds, rain and cold wind. It even snowed a little last night.
No matter, though. I've been too preoccupied with writing the book to really notice. Things are now officially getting very exciting indeed here. I'm 117 pages into the fifth draft, working through a 147 page document and it is starting to look like a real book - I mean the kind of book that someone might want to read! When I think back to what I started with four years ago this is amazing to me...I am truly nearly there. I also have tomorrow to work on things before I travel to London on Good Friday to catch up with an old friend over the weekend. Part of the original plan was to see Agitation Free play live at the Jazz Cafe but this show is now sadly postponed until November. Not to to worry.

By the time I return to the blog I expect to have finished the fifth draft. When I've done this I'll need to take a short break so that I'm not too close to my work-in-progress, come back to it and then ask myself whether it is a finished product yet.

I'll be back soon. In the meantime have a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment