Friday 4 March 2011

One wedding and a little Nightdust

Hello readers. Firstly I want to apologise for being largely absent from this blog for so long. As previously mentioned I've been busy getting married and the organisational process for this has taken up the majority of my spare time for the last 3 or 4 months. Here I am with my lovely wife, Vicky, on what was a wonderful day.
Our honeymoon was in Dahab, near Sharm El Sheik. On arriving in Egypt the first thing that struck me was the forbidding, hilly landscape of the Sinai Desert. I fully expected to see flat expanses of sand but many of the vistas look like photographs from Mars.
I think I had caught the sun a bit when the photo below was taken. This was shortly after a camel ride and shortly before the Sun went down on an evening that we spent stargazing out in the desert. With no light pollution it was simply amazing.

The holiday also consisted of snorkeling around corals (thankfully a shark free experience, although I was admittedly a little nervous) and a visit to Saint Catherine's Monastery where Moses is said to have seen the burning bush.
The picture below was taken outside the monastery.
Tomorrow I intend to continue where I left off with the book and I will be writing again with high hopes for the forthcoming year. This really is the last lap and by the end of the year, all being well, I should be a long way towards completion of the project. After all of this time I can't wait to share it with you.
...and so, whilst anticipating the forthcoming reissued Ash Ra Tempel CDs, I pick up pen and when I return I promise that there will be less about me and more about the book. Back shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment